Six Lessons I learned from traditional employment



Throughout life, we are bound to learn a thing or to as we age. With that being said, our jobs will be one thing that teach us many lessons. Below, you will read about five things I learn from traditional employment.
1.      You are Paid to Conform

When you work for someone else, you have to do the job the way he or she wants it. Your way will not work, unless your supervisor approves. This is hard to do for people that want to be self-employed. To make things short, in most cases, you have to do things the way your supervisor want them done.

2.      You are bound to make Mistakes

On my job, I have made a lot of mistakes. I try not to make mistakes, but they happen sometimes. When I make a mistake I use it as a lesson and try not to repeat it. 

3.      It is not for Everybody

      Traditional employment is not for everybody. For some, being self-employed is better. I am one of those people. On my job, I have to work for somebody else, and I get nothing but a paycheck. I am thankful for the paycheck, but I want more. In the future, I look forward to doing something I can call my own. I look forward to being creative. I cannot do this with traditional employment.

4.      Comfort Zone

Traditional employment has pushed me out of my comfort zone. For example, I have to be to work at 5 a.m. sometimes. To get to work, I have to use Uber. The old me would have not used Uber and would have quit. Another example I can use it the amount of hours I work, 10 hours a day. I never worked this many hours in one day on a regular basis before. I now am use to working 50 to 60 hours a week.

5.      Changes can happen at anytime

In roughly two weeks things are about to change at my job. To be specific, some people may be getting laid off. I may be one of those people. I have no idea what is going to happen when they change up things

In closing, I have grown since through traditional employment. At my current job, I have developed thicker skin and become more disciplined. What have you learned from traditional employment.

Comments